We’ve seen you post the battles. We know you secretly — and not so secretly — want to have your turn in the spotlight.
Here’s your chance. We’ve decided that the Fourth Annual utopYA Awards needed to be crazier than ever. It’s time to put your team together, pick your songs, and get ready for the Lip Sync Showdown, which will take place LIVE at the 2015 utopYA Awards!
Here’s how it works:
The first two teams will have their showdown during the first break at the awards. The winner of that lip sync showdown will be determined by audience applause.
The next two teams will have their showdown during the second break at the awards. The winner of that lip sync showdown will be determined by audience applause.
The winning team of the first showdown and the winning team from the second showdown will go head-to-head in a final showdown during the third break at the awards. The Lip Sync Showdown Champions will be determined by audience applause.
The audience will be encouraged to judge based on lip sync ability and creativity.
We are now accepting team submissions. Here are the details:
- No more than 5 people on your team.
- Each team needs a name.
- Each team must pick, practice and be ready to perform two songs.
- Each team needs a team captain to be the contact person for all information.
- Your first round song MUST be “on theme,” meaning, the song must be about time or time travel. It doesn’t necessarily need to be in the title of the song, but the song itself must be about time or time travel.
- If you make it to the second round, your second song can be whatever you want it to be…BUT, it can not have explicit language or be considered hateful or offensive. It can be proactive, but not offensive.
- Costumes or team uniforms are encouraged.
Ready to rock? Submit your form below. The first four teams who submit their forms completely who do not have duplicate song titles, will be chosen to perform. You MUST commit to practicing and going all out for this. We are so excited to do this for all of you this year!!!