We’ve seen you post the battles. We know you secretly — and not so secretly — want to have your turn in the spotlight.
Here’s your chance. The EPIC battles at the Fourth Annual utopYA Awards set the bar so high, and guaranteed we’d be bringing the opportunity back in 2016.
It’s time to put your team together, pick your songs, and get ready for the Lip Sync Showdown, which will take place LIVE at the 2016 UTOPiA Awards!
Here’s how it works:
The first two teams will have their showdown during the first break at the awards. The winner of that lip sync showdown will be determined by audience applause. Winner of that battle announced immediately.
The audience will be encouraged to judge based on lip sync ability and creativity.
The next two teams will have their showdown during the second break at the awards. The winner of that lip sync showdown will be determined by audience applause. Winner of second battle announced immediately.
The winning team of the first showdown and the winning team from the second showdown will go head-to-head in a showdown during the third break at the awards. Winner announced immediately.
Finally, our reining champs from 2015, The Page Warps, will perform a song to defend their title. The audience will then determine the 2016 Lip Sync Showdown Champions by applause. The audience will be encouraged to judge based on lip sync ability and creativity.
We are now accepting team submissions. Here are the details:
- No more than 5 people on your team (you can have less than five, but minimum is 3).
- Each team needs a name.
- Each team must pick, practice and be ready to perform two songs.
- Each team needs a team captain to be the contact person for all information.
- Your first round song MUST be “on theme,” meaning, the song must incorporate a revolutionary theme/fighting the man/battle/changing the status quo/ theme. It doesn’t necessarily need to be in the title of the song, but the song itself must be about a revolution of some kind.
- If you make it to the second round, your second song can be whatever you want it to be…BUT, it can not have explicit language (pick the radio edit) or be considered hateful or offensive. It can be proactive, but not offensive.
- Costumes or team uniforms are encouraged.
- You can do a Mashup if you want, but it is not required.
- Songs must be under 4 minutes long.
- This is open to anyone who has a ticket to #UTOPiA2016
Ready to rock? Submit your form below. The first four teams who submit their forms completely who do not have duplicate song titles (a song another team has already submitted), will be chosen to perform. You MUST commit to practicing and going all out for this. We are so excited to do this for all of you this year!!!